Sunday, August 08, 2004

Trial run at Sentosa

First time running 10 k today. Shagged. Was supposed to meet hope and his frens at 7.15 at harbourfront mrt, but I overslept. Good thing my phone is always on, and he called at 6.44. Freak.. I juz hate rushing. Always believe that people rush only becos they can't help it, and I've had enough of rushing in the army. Mad rush this morning. I brushed my teeth, changed, grabbed my wallet and phone and ran to the mrt station. Didn't have my morning shit, didn't have breakfast.. Run starts at 8, so we weren't late.

Second time to Sentosa in a long time. We didn't warm-up, which was a bad decision, cos now my left heel is aching. The first 5 k was not bad, I could still keep up within the centre of the pack. But after that I couldn't make it, was juz pushing myself. At first I thought the route was not bad cos we ran on the road, then after the 5 k mark we had to run on the beach. On sand. Makes you sink in with each stride. But this is the only part of the route I was familiar with.. haa we ran on Palawan beach. Past the suspension bridge, the place we were playing frisbee, rasa sentosa. Total distance on sand was about 2.5 k. Then 1 k on the jungle trail, quite like macritchie. Then past musical fountain, then finish. Real run next week.