Tuesday, August 03, 2004

NUS Flag Day

We were roped in to help our OG after they realised that they didn't have enough people. Finally an occasion which has some semblance of an OG affair, becos the numbers are there =) So we went to nus early in the morning. Was quite sleepy the entire day cos I slept so late.. I thought I was gonna be late, but it turned out that the meeting time was pushed back. Then the usual signing out of tins and briefing. This year's T-shirt is red, not exactly the red I like but orangey-red. I think last year's was orange. Eh.. I remember skipping flag last year to go cycling at east coast. I was wearing my comfy cat high pe shirt last year. And I had a gash while cycling that left a scar just above my left heel. Sucks. That's the only scar I have on my lower limbs. Ivan's bag string got caught in the bicycle. I think only the other 2 went home unscathed, in a way haa.

Next, we decided where to go. Eventually settled on tiong bahru.. but when we came up of the mrt station there were already Kent Ridge people there. And xiaoyun was among them. Pleasant surprise. Wad happened next was not exemplary. Haha.. we split into 2 groups. One heading to tiong bahru market to solicit donations. The other heading there for breakfast. Haven't been there since it was renovated. Yeah, go there muz eat the chwee kuay.

After breakfast, 4 of us roamed further out. I found out that you should try to call a lady xiao jie instead of auntie as far as possible, unless she's a senior citizen. Mebbe if she finds it flattering enough she will reach for her purse. Ladies are more generous than men. There was one auntie who was very kind.. she donated to both weiliang and I, kept wishing us well.

"Tak che kiang kiang"

Not very good business there.. if not for Jerry's 5 cent coins I think our tins would not be rattling so much. Had lunch at macs then went back nus. Helped out with the backdrop. Was talking more than I was doing actually haha. Daphne moo! moo~