Sunday, August 29, 2004

I'm Twenty!

Yes, my birthday's juz over. Tired but fun. I crooned for 7 hours! It wasn't planned though.

Met shengyong, shiqian and qiyue at jec yesterday morning. I wanted to ice-skate, but sy had CO practice later and a competition (in dec?) and he doesn't want to jeopardise their chances of winning by injuring himself. So ice-skating was out. Heh, it appears that we all have this nagging feeling that if we fall, our fingers might get sliced off by some careless jerk who happens to be speeding our way. But the ring wasn't too crowded.. and I was somewhat adventurous yesterday anyway, but we settled for ktv in the end.

First time trying the k-box lunch deal; it was worth it! $6 per person for 3 hours. I think I can get quite delirious when I go ktv nowadays, especially when I can't hit the high notes, I would rather shriek and blast than sing an octave lower. And when we were singing Liu Xing Yu, F4 looked so deplorable in their flaming red costumes that I juz had to imitate their actions to make a dig at them. I don't dislike F4, juz that the way they are packaged is targeted at girls. Heh..

After qiyue left, one of the crew suddenly came into the room and gave us an extra mike, without telling us why. Muz be our lucky day! So now 3 of us each have a mike. Then weijie and lily came. I found out some of our favourites:
sq - faye wong, kit chan
qy - chen xiao dong's IF
wj - SHE
I learnt the full lyrics of the Happy Birthday song - didn't know that there were other verses. Thanks for your presents guys. Blue tee from sq, yellow tee from sy, and qy's cake.

Went to compass point after that to meet jh. I actually wanted to organise something but response was poor, so in the end both of us juz met for dinner. Then yuanhin called to ask us out for ktv. Haaa more singing! WHy not =] The car got lost in punggol, in fact, in the more remote part of punggol. Wilderness on the right; flats on the left. Wonder how they got there from sk in the first place, but we sorted it out eventually. In the car was yh who had liang jing ru fetish, keith who could finally leave his house, elvin who was ready to crash a chalet at Downtown East and jx who had gaming fetish. Off to partyworld at cuppage. Junlin was there warming the couch, simon was watching cartoons before we met him outside UOB(CARTOONS??), alan came later.

And we crooned. Chinese, hokkien, and english songs. Yh was sammi cheng hungry after attending her concert. There was hardly any soundproofing between the rooms, and becos I was quite siao already, I blasted back at the neighbours when they sang something I liked. And how can a ktv session be successful without our high note hitter simon chua? =] Again, I noted some of our faves:
yh - for last night it was sammi cheng
jl - wu jian dao
alan - jay chou
jx - knows all the songs
We sang for 4 hours in all! which means that I sang 7 hours yesterday. Felt like my throat was gone after that.

The real madness only surfaced after we finished at 2am. We were loitering around cuppage playing with the digital camera.. I wouldn't be surprised if the security guards thought we were hooligans =] WHy? Is it becos of the full moon? So it is said that people behave oddly on nights with a full moon, as evidenced by this dialogue

Elvin: "Hey there's a full moon tonight"
yh: "You shouldn't point at the moon"
me: "WHy?"
yh: "Cos your ears will get snipped off and .."

and by this crazy act. I hope the police won't get hold of this photo. Elvin Yio suddenly had this idea of climbing up the road sign. So, he bounded up Orchard Road, and sat on top of Orchard Road juz long enough for me to take this. Not enough of low/high wall and SOC issit? And he ran out and stood in the middle of Orchard Road waiting for cars to come after the traffic lights turned green.

Pity michael and wei tak couldn't come. ANd yeebo was on duty. ANd yiqian.. I seriously think we should have an outing with him soon yar.

Mebbe becos it's been one event after another these few days, the fact that I'm twenty now hasn't drawn upon me. I'm no longer a teenager, and this means I will have more responsibilities, more people to account to, particularly my family. My parents are nice to me, but I don't want to have to keep relying on them. ANd my frens as well. Thank you all for adding so much colour to my life, for bringing joy to me and for walking and sharing your lives with me. Thanks so much.=]

Thanks for making this birthday a memorable one. Thanks for all your well wishes through sms or icq. I guess I'm lucky that my birthday falls on a saturday huh.

Some words to 4-10ners
Simon
Yup I remember wad Mrs Long said. You shd be present for all future ktv sessions. Otherwise no fun. Ok cya at AHM.

Elvin
2LT Yio is a nice guy. But last night he went bonkers by trying to be Zoro. Gd luck for your driving test. It's always better to drive on Orchard Road than to sit on it.

Michael
Hey pal, too bad you can't come. Cya soon mebbe?

Yuanhin
Yuanhin drives us around for movies, supper, and this ktv. Thanx pal. Hope you manage to get sammi's autographs.

Junlin
Poor thing, after NDP over still involved in stupid exercises, possibly packed til you ORD next year. Hang in there=]

Keith
Gd to see that you have recovered. Happy bday

Yeebo
Hai you were on duty. Gd luck on your driving lessons. Your progress not bad wad

Jx
Number one crooner. Always comes in handy when I dunno the song.

Alan
Thanx for coming. Hope you enjoyed yourself!


Outing at Jason's place

Went to Jason's place today for his birthday celebration cum class outing. Turnout was not bad, though could have been better. sy, zhewei, eugene, dev, matt, st, sq, lily, jingyun, wy, shermin, qy. A few from junior class as well. He spent a whooping $600 on the catering! Impressive.. I received 2 nicely wrapped gifts today.. pleasant surprise. A Peanuts towel from devin and daphne, and a Mozart and a Beethoven miniature from st. THanks people! I will use the towel, but how to use a towel and maintain it so that it won't tear eventually? Haha I will try. thankew=]


At JE k-box


S'pore idol hopefuls


Wad boredom can make people do


Nice accessory


Elvin trying to get up


Giving a victorious smile


Nice shot of our class