Sunday, May 16, 2004

Eh.. the lady from the agency got it wrong. They have no son, only a daughter taking australian year 12 exams. She's wants to do med in melbourne or sydney u, wants to get a scholarship so that they don't have to pay the exhorbitant tuition fees. k.. that explains the australian exams, it's sort of a tertiary entrance exam. So today I went down at 1030. Had a hard time finding the place. I actually walked all the way in from the main road, then spent 20 minutes getting lost before I finally met someone who gave me directions. Then I met the father.. found out that there was a side entrance which could have saved me the long walk.. anyway he passed me 3 sets of past year papers. The subject was Applicable Maths. Quite a nice person. Gave me a ride home to let me mark them. I didn't expect him to take the trouble la.

The paper was something like ao level? Couldn't really gauge the standard cos the topics were so foreign. matrix, correlation coefficients, sets, and more matrices - not the easy type leh. Have to solve simultaneous eq in x,y,z with matrix. couldn't do all these of course. So I went back at 7 and told her father. He said its ok.. ironic that he's a chem graduate himself but couldn't recall wat he learnt 20 years ago, so he couldn't help her daughter in her chem. Yeah.. I haven't seen the chem paper but it should be more do-able than the maths one. This time I saw the girl. Spent half an hour or so going through her mistakes. That's one lesson. She needs help in physics and chem as well, and I'm going down again tomorrow evening. not bad at all. considering that they insisted on paying me in advance even though I told them to pay at the end of 4 lessons. And the father was really kind to send me home again. gotta dig out those physics notes. especially waves, my worst topic.. her worst topic too.

Went to watch Troy with michael and keith at j8. Ok.. not spectacular, but watchable. There were a lot of kids in the cinema, and everytime there was a smooching scene or a bed scene, all of them would "eeeeee" loudly and start giggling. wah lau eh.. wat a spoiler man..

Then went I got on the train naughty elvin called.. when he was juz 2 carriages away! Haha. He went to new cre today. hey mahjong dudes my fingers are itching!