Saturday, May 15, 2004

Quirkiness

Hehe I juz realised how quirky some people can be. I was offered this tuition job courtesy of gh, via an agency. This kid's mother was looking for a medical student to tutor her son, so gh recommended me. Supposed to tutor him in a level chem, but not the s'pore-cambridge a level - the kid is taking australian a levels. Huh? k..who cares, as long as I get the job. The pay is reasonable, but frankly I'm not too keen on it becos they live in a condo in amk and I have to walk quite far in to get to their place; I'm only teaching 1 hour per lesson, for all the trouble getting to and fro their place I would prefer teaching 2 hours so I can earn more; I have forgotten most of my a level chem le.. and freak, the mother is difficult. And I haven't even met her yet! Heard from the agency that she engaged a few tutors before but she wasn't satisfied with them. So this time she only wanted a medical student cos she thinks they are better. kaoz.. really, she should find a chemistry undergrad loh.

Then a while ago the lady from the agency called me again. Said the mother may want me to tutor her daughter in o level maths as well..yeah australian o levels. But I muz meet her standard first. Supposed to go down at 1030 tomorrow to collect a test paper her daughter had done, mark it, correct her mistakes, and return it to let her see when I'm tutoring her son at 7. Then she will decide whether I get to teach her daughter as well. Eh.. I never said I wanted to take her daughter. During the hols I can, but when term starts it can get quite packed. Anyway she said she will pay me a lesson's worth of fees for marking the paper. er.. some people are juz rich eh.