Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I finally got down to blogging. Wats happened lately: on Friday we went to seletar country club, courtesy of yiqing =) Quite a beautiful place - picturesque landscape, juz overlooking the reservoir, with a golf course and a big swimming pool, and many other facilities like ktv room, arcade, but we didn't get to use them. We played mahjong! At first our table had 2 guys and 3 girls (2 were sharing 1 seat) kaoz cannot play with girls next time lor. They take 3-4 minutes to deliberate over whether they should take a card and over which card to throw. It really slowed down the pace of the game. Sianz. Then halfway the girls switched over and we had all guys. So much better. And faster! We didn't play for long though, cos the girls wanted to bowl. I haven't bowled since December. Lousy score. I didn't even hit 100. I suck la, only managed 1 strike in 2 games. But I'm not a frequent bowler la.

Then at night I visited city harvest church with yh and hope. Before the service started they flashed the front cover of i-weekly featuring Ho Yeow Sun and everyone was applauding. I heard from hope that the previous time he was there they were selling her CDs. Don't think any church should be doing this. They have 14000 members lor, should be the largest church in s'pore. The 3 of us were making our way to our seats, then we suddenly realised that we were in the thick of things, surrounded by people standing in groups of threes speaking so loudly in tongues. The sermon was ok nevertheless. I quite enjoyed it. Oh ya. The church is very rich.

Cheap thrill! I drove yh's car down the multi-storey carpark haha. Cos I have no car of my own to drive. Boo. Yeah story ends there. Hope drove us to geylang for supper. We had to circle the parking lots a few times before we finally found one. He had trouble parallel parking it. A kind soul who was eating even offered to help haha but yh said no thanks, he needs more practice. So eventually he managed to park. We had frog leg porridge and fried oyster. Yum!

Went to yun nan to buy textbooks on Saturday. I was supposed to meet ivan at raffles city, then he was late.. caught in a jam at orchard road. So I walked into op, happened to find a T-shirt I liked and bought it. Muz really save up from now on if I were to have money left to go hk and shop. Yeah hopefully sars won't spread there and spoil our plans, but you never know, there will most probably be huge traffic flow between china and hk on labour day. Met a couple of med students there. Auntie Cynthia was so loquacious. She had a lot of advice for us but since wat she knows is merely wat she hears from med students (batch after batch of seniors) in the first place, it's better to juz listen and decide for yourself.

Went to bugis junction after that. 93.3 were having some event there. Saw ma li and another male dj, but I don't know who. She looked the same as on screen juz that she wore very thick make-up that day. Met weizhang there. Then we had a late lunch.

Monday was results day. Frankly, I was neither looking forward to nor dreading it. I don't fancy the idea of checking results online but wat the heck, nus wants us to. Was pleasantly surprised when I checked, cos I was expecting 3 Bs but I did better than that! So all the mugging until 4 plus am before the paper started at 9 am paid off.. but I would want to avoid doing that the next time lah. Muz really thank my pals for mugging together in the library. Yeah, I couldn't have done it alone. Thanks guys =)

After the talk I went to crystal jade seafood kitchen at holland v for lunch with timo, wl and shuwei. Yeah wl treated us to sakae sushi and swenson's before, so I muz dong de zuo ren right? ha. Then went to funan centre to shop for a digital cam. Not a good place to buy cameras cos most of the shops are small and they don't have any promotions now. The salesman we spoke to didn't know his stuff and wasn't willing to lower the price or throw in any good deals. Then went to best denki at ps with ivan. Had better luck here. Found a fujifilm A330 3.2 megapix selling for $399 and an A340 4 megapix at $529. The salesman was more helpful this time, told us that most fujifilm cameras can also be used as webcameras and whether optical zoom or digital zoom was better. I should be getting either of these. Hopefully can bargain for more freebies =) We watched 50 first dates. It was a touching show, quite sad, but fortunately for the comical scenes, it wasn't so heavy-going. Hope and wm joined us for dinner at pastamania. Chatted for quite long. Tired out.

Today's lecture on good clinical practice was boring. Relevant to our future practice but irrelevant to ssm. The lecturer's French accent was noticeably minimal but still there haha. They juz can't pronounce 'r' properly. There's part 2 tomorrow.. sheesh. Juz heard from shuhui that about half the junior class got medicine interviews. Some didn't get in. I would help if I could, but I can't. Haiz.

So elvin, yeebo.. ONz ah. One weekend we find enough people then go jb!