Monday, February 02, 2004

Pdp

Had pdp on saturday. We had a diabetic patient who had the terminal phalanx of his right middle finger amputated. The important thing was: Only the terminal phalanx was amputated and not anything more. Apparently this patient's diabetes was under control until he stopped his medication (wrong thing to do) 2 years back. Then, his illness grew grossly out of control. He had a cut on his finger and it got infected; it was so bad dat his entire hand and arm were swollen! He went to sgh and the doctors there wanted to amputate his entire finger.. of course he refused. Lucky he did, cos when he came to nuh and got my pdp doctor, at least he had his proximal and middle phalanges preserved. Hmm.. it confirms dat before you attempt any surgery it is better to get a 2nd opinion.

I'm impressed by our pdp doctor. He seems to be well-versed in a lot of things hehe so when sijin told me she felt so ignorant when our doctor was speaking to us I agreed with her. He mentioned quite a few diseases whose names sounded so foreign dat I couldn't remember them.. and he also knows a great deal about cuisine, literature... Oh my. So doctors need not be boring people who only know how to prescribe medicine =)

Mugging...

Yup. In the library, since I didn't want to come down to nus juz for 1.5 hour of pdp. I dunno whether it was a fruitful session cos I kept dozing off every hour. Then at around 5 pm this girl sitting behind me received a phone call. Haha.. not my fault dat I listened to wat she was saying.. she was loud enough for me to hear. Hmm.. she was pissed at the caller for not turning up at 5.. normally I wouldn't be concerned with such things hehe but she was at it for about 20 minutes.. distracted me la. So I went to chat with hope and andre.. haha

Zero studying

I did zero studying yesterday, was downloading lecture notes and preparing my pbl. Evening came quite quickly, then I went to shuhui's place.. nice girl.. invited the seniors as well.. thanks a lot! But only shengyong, jason, joseph, matthew and me went. Enjoyed the food, cards and mahjong. Today went to seoul garden with yh, elvin and keith. Haha all the fuss about the avian flu didn't seem to affect me.. I still attacked all the chicken there.

Juz finished printing all the lecture notes for the week.. something I seriously abhor.