Tuesday, December 30, 2003

"Cap ou pas cap?"

Haven't immersed myself so thoroughly in a film like this in a long time. Film - instead of movie - I think this piece of work warrants a better label than the oft-used colloquial branding. Watched Jeux d'enfants with jh, wl and edmond today. Haha it was another of my last minute ideas, and I booked the tickets at 1 am! Good thing I did, since it was a sold-out juz now. Yup this is a film worth watching.. hehe my 1st French film at the cinema, so I'm very late liao. All those late nite black and white ones which channel 5 used to screen on wednesdays dun count. So I enjoyed the plot, the dialogues were fast and I had to rely a lot on the subtitles. Out of touch. But I was trying to piece wat I heard with wat I read.. so that when I managed to recognise the phrases it was rewarding. After dat we strolled around kino for a while, then jh left. We had dinner and walked a bit more.

Hmm.. the film. Why can't ppl be more direct with their feelings and say wat they feel? Sometimes it's hard.. but if it's because they are afraid of losing face then it isn't rite. Sincerity is important. Sometimes ppl can juz be so stubborn with their words when they dun mean it. Or stubborn with themselves and refuse to say. Haiz. Torn, demented and warped was I.