Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Should I be happy?

I should. Can't ask for a better team n better ward to be working in.

It's the second week into SIP. Pretty fine so far.. I'm with a nice team. Nicest team I've ever encountered in my lowly being as a medical student haha, from HO to consultant. Great cg mates. Should really count my blessings. Starting to get used to doing HO work like discharging, transcribing imr, procedures..though not a lot to do actually, since the doctors are all on the ball and complete their work promptly. My procedures suck! It's erratic. On good days I can set plugs n take bloods first time, every time. Today was bad. Failed everything n had to retry n reretry. Perfect way to screw up your nite call when you're a HO.

Did my first call last tues. BAD! It came to a point when I was just too exhausted, physically, and faced with the long list of procedures to do, patients to see, etc... and I looked at my watch..ONLY 9PM!!?? impossible.. n the work is just..never ending.. That had to be the lowest point of the nite. Only went postcall at 2pm next day. I was a walking zombie during ward round.. actually dozed off while standing. And I slept throughout the entire HO teaching session..argh how to survive next year.

Going on call again tmr. Dreading it. Haha. Well.. I wanted to be busy, did I not. How contradictory. The busier the better.. even a minute of not doing anything is anguish.. a permanent affliction. God.. just take my heart away, so that it can't hurt anymore.