Thursday, September 01, 2005

Haven't had time to blog lately. Can't help it. There's always something better to spend my time on ha. Yep, celebrated my 21st bday! I honestly don't feel my age. It's certainly not a stark transition. Growing older means having more responsibilities I suppose, and I don't like that. For one, I should change my wardrobe. Chuck my berms aside and dress my age. Anyway, thank you all who celebrated my bday with me!! Earlier, later and on the day itself! I promise to flaunt the presents! Thanks for your well wishes too =p

This is the second week into surgery at CGH. I muz be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Why? Because the day starts at 7.30. Which means I have to wake up latest 5.50 every day. Yeah.. I concede that is still later than other pple who live far away (like in boon lay) but it's still too early for me! It's a battle trying to pull myself outta bed every morning. If not for the new bus I take to tampines downstairs, it'll prolly be earlier.

Surgery is intriguing. Haha. I've seen the insides of cadavers, but live humans are a different matter. So.. I didn't go into OT during e clinics, and monday was the first time I assisted in an op! Yeah my tutor is superb. Cool, calm, knowledgable, witty.. I didn't do much, juz helped maintain the field using the retractor, cut thread, and staple up the wound with a big stapler. Did feel the liver, gallbladder and duodenum and looked thru the choledochoscope!

I was flipping thru my hc photos, and I found one taken during the mass dance on the first day in hc. Me and my dance partner, who is my clerking buddy! Ok coincidence.