Saturday, June 26, 2004

Back to bishan

Catholic High homecoming day. The carnival was actually very poorly-publicised.. I wouldn't have found out about it if not for terence's post on yahoogroups. And how did he know about it? Cos he saw a poster at vj during the holidays. Speaks volumes about how screwed up the new management is, especially the new principal. Yeah.. so wat if he pulled xinmin secondary up the ranks. Cat high isn't some neighbourhood school. He can't expect to manage it like how he used to. Now they don't have to recite the student's pledge.. his idea. Sheesh. It's a tradition k.. shouldn't abolish it. Juz an indication of how screwed up the management is: the primary section wasn't even informed of the walk-a-jog until 2 days ago, and it was through email to the parents. So in the end the turnout was pathetic. Not that I went. But the carnival itself was a poor show, nothing like the one in 2001. Nobody knew about it and nobody went. In the end there were so much leftovers that they had to give away the food. lolz so we helped ourselves to the FREE hotdog buns and ice cream.

The renovation is done for the secondary side. And wtf the old 4-10 classroom became a toilet! It's damn big.. close to 20 cubicles. The canteen is too small. Claustrophobic in fact. Met a few teachers. I think I scared them with my hair. Cos I juz dyed it.. really cheap, only $28, cos the salon near my house was having some anniversary promotion. I think the colour is a tad too loud hehe.

Nice to see the teachers again. Mr Siau said he's going to study theology. Pastor-to-be. Good. Cos he's doing something he likes. That's the most important. Mrs Long's a babe. Endearing.

Shawn

Guess who I met? Call it fate, affinity, wadeva. Shawn Ingkiriwang from hk. He was there with his younger brother. Indonesian background, thus the surname. First thing he said to me was, "Why are your frens so childish.. like primary sch kids playing a game" oops..wanted to dig a hole in the ground and jump inside. Ah I bear the brunt again. Told him becos that weiliang was kinda abrupt and cheeky, that's why we didn't give them our numbers. Anyway shawn's quite a nice fella. Honestly.

Jobless

I've been slacking for too long. But really can't find a job. Is it becos I didn't look hard enough? Dunno. Is there time to squeeze another short trip to somewhere near? Probably. But probably not, becos no critical mass. Hehe.. ok crap.