Monday, January 16, 2006

Out of sight, it seems, is out of mind. Already I feel lighter. Juz when everything seems better for me, trouble starts to brew.

Enough of that. It's been a tiring week. Went a-knocking on pple's doors. For the unacquainted, my group's trying to find the prevalence and awareness of hypertension among residents in teban gardens. Muz admit, i was quite onz the first few days. now i'm sick of the coffeeshop food, of walking thru the same vandalised staircase landings, of knocking the same doors. The fun part is interviewing pple and listening to their stories.. haha and I like my group. The indian and malay families are the friendliest. Truly hospitable. The chinese are hostile to the core. We did discuss this issue before: whether you would open the door if someone knocks on it. The first thing you would think is that fella muz be a salesman/insurance agent..nah not gonna spend my time entertaining him..so we prolly wont open the door and hope he goes away. So, to circumvent this, we wore our lanyards and hang our stethoscopes around our necks, as if trying to tell the person who's looking thru the eyehole on the door, we're not salesmen. I don't know how effective this method is, cos some of them still ask if they need to pay for taking their bld pressure and answering the questionnaire. Haha..

Push on.